Osteoid, Inc. Privacy Statement
Updated January 10, 2022
Thank you for choosing Osteoid. At Osteoid, we value your privacy. Your personal information is enormously important to us. This Privacy Statement will explain how Osteoid will collect, store, use, process, disclose, transfer your personal information as well as outline your choices and controls.
This statement applies to information collected about any person that is or has been in contact with Osteoid Inc., including, but not limited to, commercial customers of all Osteoid products and services, and subscribers on the Osteoid website. In case of any changes in the future, we will provide you with more information. Unless stated otherwise, all future Osteoid products and services, and any further relation with Osteoid (personal or business related) will be subject to this statement. All changes are effective immediately when they are posted.
Personal Information We Collect From You
“Personal data” is any information that can be associated or used to identify an individual. We collect the following personal information from you:
a) Contact information (such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number);
b) Business contact information (such as job title, department and name of organization);
c) Professional information (such as specialty, experience with Osteoid products or services);
d) Payment details (including payment card number, expiration date, and billing address);
e) Shipping information (including the shipping address, dental distributor and phone number);
f) Username and password for the account you may establish on our website;
g) Device information (such as IP address for the computer that runs our product);
h) Other information (such as preferences).
Uses of Your Personal Information
Osteoid will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable law for a variety of purposes that include:
- We use the information you submit to provide you with products or services you request or answer your questions regarding the products or services that are the object of a contract among you (or the Organization you represent), and Osteoid. We may share your information with affiliates, as well as with vendors we’ve hired to assist in providing products and services.
- We use the information you submit to send information to colleagues on your behalf.
- We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account, the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, and to personalize communications.
- We use the data you submit to create analysis and we may use the result of such analysis for business reasons but we do not disclose any of your personal information to any third parties.
When We Collect Personal Information
Osteoid collects personal information online when:
- You register to become a member of Osteoid or another Osteoid service (such as the Osteoid Partner Site).
- You make purchases of Osteoid products.
- You activate Osteoid product.
- You submit questions, comments or complaints to us.
- You request information or materials.
- You request warranty or post-warranty service and support for an Osteoid product or service.
- You register to become a subscriber to an Osteoid Service.
- You request information be sent to your colleagues or customers.
- You supply Osteoid and/or its affiliates with your services and/or products
Sharing Your Personal Information
We intend to keep your personal information confidential. We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose this information to third parties, other than as described in this Privacy Statement, for the purposes described above, or as we disclose to you at the time the data is collected. We do share your personal information with certain Osteoid business affiliates for any of the following reasons:
- to our subsidiaries, branches or associated offices;
- in order for us to comply with our legal obligations, e.g. where we are required to disclose certain information to tax authorities;
- to protect the security or integrity of our business;
- to any of our outsourced service providers, suppliers or distributors to facilitate the provision of contracted services or goods or to provide expanded services to our customers and website visitors, for example; outsource the processing of certain interactive website functions, administering email services, running special promotions and managing any loyalty points program;
- for the purposes of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganization, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event;
- and to any other third party where you have provided your consent.
The European Union Regulation GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) gives certain rights to European citizens as the following:
- Right of Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
You have the right to revoke such authorization by stating so, in writing, to Osteoid at the contact info below.
Data Retention and Deletion
Your personal data will be retained only as long as necessary to provide you with Osteoid products and services and for legitimate and essential business purposes.
You may request in writing, at any time, that Osteoid stop data collection and delete any personal information that we have collected. Data deemed to be essential will continue to be collected for proper site functionality as stated in the terms of service agreement. Essential data can be deleted after a license has expired, by request.
Transfer Information to Other Countries
Personal information collected within the European Union may be transferred and processed by Osteoid offices or third-party located outside of the European Union. Osteoid will ensure that the transfer of your personal information is carried out in accordance with applicable privacy laws, and appropriate measures are implemented.
Protecting Your Information
Osteoid implements appropriate organizational and technical security measures to help protect your personal information. Osteoid has implemented various measures such as encryption and secured servers to guard against unauthorized access. However, no system is 100% secure. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information.
Student Data Protections
Osteoid takes great care to protect the information you provide us. We do not rent or sell Personal Information that we collect from users with third parties.
Student name and account usage metrics are recorded and shared with a connected instructor account. Student User account usage data (“Student Metrics”) is stored and only visible by an instructor linked account. This information is used to monitor student usage and progress and is not intended to be used for in-class grades and report cards.
Total instructor and total student usage metrics are also stored and used internally for the purpose of evaluating the effectiveness of Osteoid products. We collect total usage metrics for each instructor account and the sum total usage metrics of all students under an instructor linked license. Student name and email are collected during registration but are not visible to Osteoid employees.
Student records as defined under FERPA include report cards, transcripts, disciplinary records, contact and family information, and class schedules. Osteoid does not collect or share Student Records, as defined by FERPA.
Right to Lodge Complaint and Judicial Remedy
You have the right to lodge a complaint, to a supervisory Privacy Authority, according to articles 77 of the GDPR. Notwithstanding you have also the right to an effective judicial remedy, according to article 79 GDPR.
Our products, services and website are directed to people who are 13 years or older. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13 years old unless it is collected from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child under 13 has provided us personal information, please contact us.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about this privacy statement, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by mail at:
3350 Scott Blvd Building 29
Santa Clara, CA 95054